Lesson Code: PUA-560. Symbols used to represent key process equipment, pipe-work and gauges and how to interpret basic PFDs.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Identify the PFD Symbols used to represent reactors, filters, centrifuges, condensers and distillation columns
- Identify the PFD symbols for indicating, recording and control gauges
- Describe the PFD symbols used to show pipe-work, pumps and heat exchangers
- Explain the difference between manual and automatic valves and how they are indicated on a PFD
- Read and interpret basic process flow diagrams