Lesson Code: PEA-741. The operating principles of rotary and centrifugal pumps.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain how a rotary gear pump works and describe its use in an API manufacturing plant
- Explain how a centrifugal pump works and describe its use in an API manufacturing plant
- Explain how a liquid ring pump works and describe one of its uses
- Explain cavitation in pumps and how it can be recognized and avoided
- Describe the safety precautions that must be taken when working with pumps