Lesson Code: PUF-303. Describes semisolid dose products manufactured by the Pharmaceutical Industry. It describes what ingredients are used and what manufacturing steps are required.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe how semisolid dosage forms work
- List the different types of semisolid dosage forms
- List the advantages and disadvantages of semisolids
- Describe the stages involved in the preparation of an ointment, a cream, and a gel
- List the common ingredients found in ointments, pastes, creams and gels
- Describe the make-up of a transdermal patch