Lesson Code: PEA-1201. Explains the main tasks involved in operating a chemical reactor such as weighing, charging and taking samples.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the term 'charging a reactor'
- Explain how solvents are charged into a reactor for API manufacturing
- Describe two methods for measuring the volume of materials in a reactor
- Explain the purpose of inerting a reactor
- Describe how solid materials are added to a reactor
- List and describe three ways of performing a phase separation
- Describe two common methods for obtaining a sample from a reactor
- Describe the general safety precautions and PPE required when working with reactors
This Lesson will introduce you to the following keywords:
Charging, Decanting, Dip Can, Holding Tank, Inertion, Interface, Phase, Powder Transfer, Reactors, Reagents, Sampling Loop, Separations, Sight Glass