Lesson Code: BPU-1103 (PREMIUM LESSON) Describes what centrifugation is and the stages of biopharmaceutical downstream processing where it can be used. Primary cell separation using a Disk Stack Centrifuge, and final purification using Ultracentrifugation are explained both in terms of equipment and process.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the structure, operating principles and applications of a disk stack centrifuge
- Describe the structure, operating principles and applications of an ultracentrifuge
- Explain the principle of centrifugation
- Explain why cleaning and sanitization of centrifuges is so critical
- Explain why purification is critical in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Download a PDF product brochure here: