(Back Catalog) Lesson Code: PSY-762. The different categories of microbiological waste and the procedures for handling, transport, and storage of this waste. This version depicts 'red' biohazard disposal equipment used in North America and other areas.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Define the term 'Infectious Waste'
- Explain the segregation of microbiological waste using color codes
- List the different categories of microbiological waste
- Explain the disposal procedure for each category of microbiological waste
- List the procedures for handling, transport and storage of full waste bags
- List the methods used to decontaminate microbiological waste and describe how they work