Lesson Code: PSY-740. The different types of safety cabinets found in a Microbiology Lab and the safe work practices involved in their use. Also includes safe work practices for the use of equipment such as syringes and centrifuges.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the term 'containment'
- Explain the function of biological safety cabinets
- Describe the differences between class I, class II, and class III biological safety cabinets
- List the safe work practices for using safety cabinets
- List the safe work practices for using syringes, pipettes, bunsen burners, and centrifuges in a microbiological laboratory
- List the safe work practices for labeling in a microbiological laboratory