Lesson Code: PPL-1130. (PREMIUM LESSON) Describes the basic theory and practice of HPLC. Particular focus is given to reverse phase HPLC. The components of a HPLC are described in detail and significant consideration is given to the explanation of results and peak shape. Analytical considerations of special relevance to HPLC are also presented.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the components of a HPLC column
- Explain the basic concepts behind chromatography
- Describe the meaning of 'partitioning'
- Differentiate between a mobile phase and a stationary phase
- Explain the components of a system diagram of a HPLC
- Explain how phase polarity can assist separation
- List the methods commonly employed for optimization of separation