(HTML-5 rebuild & remaster in progress - available soon) Lesson Code: PPM-711. The importance of microscopy in microbiology. The main components of a microscope and microscopic techniques.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of microscopy in microbiology
- Describe the correct handling procedures of microscopes
- Name and explain the different components of a microscope
- List the different lenses in the lens system
- Explain how the lens system functions
- Discuss the different microscopy techniques available to the microbiologist, including bright-field, phase contrast and dark-field illumination