Lesson Code: PPM-700. The importance of good aseptic technique and the major steps involved in applying it to microbiological testing.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain why good aseptic technique is necessary in the microbiological laboratory
- Explain the terms 'false positive' and 'positive control'
- Describe the general steps for reducing the risk of contamination in microbiological testing
- List the three common steps that apply to all microbiological handling techniques
- Describe how to flame an inoculating loop
- Describe the correct aseptic technique for handling liquid broths
- Describe the correct aseptic technique for handling agar plates