Lesson Code: PPL-710. The influence of pH, temperature and stirring on how well a solid will dissolve in a liquid. How a drug dissolves in the human body and how in vitro dissolution testing can be used.
Category: Analytical Laboratory - Practices
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Define the term 'dissolution'
- List and describe the factors that affect dissolution
- Explain how a solid drug dosage form is absorbed into the bloodstream
- Define the term 'disintegration'
- Describe in vivo and in vitro dissolution analysis