(Back Catalog) Lesson Code: PPM-730. Introduces the concept of unknown bacterial contamination and the morphological and cultural tests carried out to identify these unknowns.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the term: 'unknown bacteria'
- Describe the purpose and procedure of simple and negative staining and list examples of the dyes used
- Describe how bacteria are named
- List the categories of microbiological identification tests
- Describe what is involved in morphological and cultural testing, and what information is obtained