Lesson Code: PPL-1200. The importance of good weighing techniques to analytical results. The main types of balances used in the laboratory and procedures for their use.
After taking this e-Lesson, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of correctly weighing materials
- Identify the two main types of balance found in the laboratory
- Describe the checks made prior to weighing
- Describe generic weighing procedures for both types of laboratory balances
- List the precautions to take when weighing
KEYWORDS: Analytical Balance, Hazardous Material, Hygroscopic Material, SDS Sheets, Standard Solutions, Top Pan Balance